On 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect, so baxus is currently preparing for this change.
The GDPR is an update to existing data protection regulations. This update is aiming to change the way customer information is used and managed, by giving customers more control over their own information and tightening rules around how it’s collected.
The GDPR applies to all businesses operating in the EU. The UK has indicated they will be applying similar changes to UK legislation.
baxus is preparing for the GDPR
baxus has been working with a team of specialists to ensure we’re compliant with the new regulations by 25 May 2018.
Here’s an overview of what we’re doing to prepare for the GDPR:
- We’re working on a Data Processing Addendum (DPA). The DPA will outline our privacy commitments and set out the terms for baxus and our customers to meet the GDPR requirements. We’ll be in touch soon with more information about this soon.
- We’re looking at our software to make sure it supports the GDPR regulations.
- Internal processes are being updated to ensure we comply with the GDPR regulations.
- Staff contracts are being updated and the team is being trained to ensure we’re correctly using and processing your information.
- We’re reviewing contracts and agreements with our partners, like MailChimp, to make sure they’re compliant with the GDPR.
Preparing for the GDPR
We’re currently putting together some more information that will help you prepare for the GDPR. We’ll share this with our customers in the EU and UK soon, so keep an eye on your emails.
Want more information? Check out these resources from ICO: